Decoding Dyslexia Maryland Dyslexia Advocacy Day
Decoding Dyslexia Maryland presents: Dyslexia Advocacy Day in Annapolis 2017
Community Partner Participant Payment Site
If you haven’t already registered to participate, once you make your donation, please connect to our Eventbrite here: https://partner-registration.eventbrite.com
WHEN: Thursday, February 2, 2017
WHERE: Annapolis, Maryland, Lowe House Office Building, Rooms 170 & 180
OPEN HOUSE: 8-9am
PROGRAM: 9-1:00 pm (subject to change -- may end earlier)
LEGISLATIVE ADVOCACY MEETINGS: 1-3pm (and throughout the day)
BREAK DOWN: 3pm
Dear Community Partners,
Thank you for your participation in Dyslexia Advocacy Day in Annapolis. There is one level of support for all Community Partners and the participant donation is $50. Included in the donation, partners can:
● Display literature and information about your school, business and/or non-profit that provides help for students with reading differences and dyslexia.
● Gain admission to the policy panel and presentations geared to both parents and legislators.
● Receive an Information packet to leave behind with your legislator.
● Display logos on invitations, signage and website.
● Receive breakfast and lunch, including beverages.
● Provide outreach and support to attendees.
● Take the opportunity to advocate for reading & dyslexia awareness and policy in Maryland.
● Bring your students, families and employees as a group or sign up as individuals. There will be opportunity for your students/employees to meet with their legislators.
The “I am Dyslexia” site allows Decoding Dyslexia Maryland to collect donations from community partners, allied organizations and individuals to defray the costs of food, beverages, room rental, printing and copying, and signage. All presenters are donating their time and no funds are spent on administrative costs.
Decoding Dyslexia Maryland is a grassroots movement driven by Maryland families concerned with the limited access to educational interventions for dyslexia and other language-based learning disabilities within our public schools. Our mission is to raise dyslexia awareness, empower families to support their children and inform policy-makers on best practices to identify, educate and support students with dyslexia in Maryland public schools.
Thank you very much for your support for dyslexia and students who learn differently!
Decoding Dyslexia Maryland